[arch-general] OK so HARDWARECLOCK="localtime" is "strongly discouraged" BUT???

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Mon Jul 11 14:07:48 EDT 2011

On 11 July 2011 23:20, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook <jtwdyp at ttlc.net> wrote:
> Since I multi-boot AND do keep my hardware clock set to local time, I'm a
> little bit concerned by this statement. It gives me two questions.

I still use localtime and currently I have a dual-boot machine w/
Win7. No problems. But that may be because I don't mess around with my
time. I've not even been in my local timezone for a long time, and I
travelled around quite a bit, although within the same continent. I
like to keep time w/ my phone and watch, and allow the computers to
maintain time via BIOS.

My rc.conf: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/436256/

I may change to UTC next time I have own laptop to install stuff
(where I doubt I'll have Windows or other operating systems).

--
GPG/PGP ID: 8AADBB10