[arch-general] docs in Octave package?

XeCycle xecycle at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 00:09:47 EDT 2011

Auguste Pop <auguste at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM, XeCycle <xecycle at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I need the documents of octave, but it's not in the current octave
>> package, so I need to compile it manually after each update.  However
>> the compilation is very time and power consuming, it can drive my CPU to
>> 100 degrees --- which is not very fine for a laptop.
>>
> ./configure && make pdf && make install-pdf would be quite fast.

I used to remove the "--disable-docs" in the ./configure parameters.

> as a matter of fact, most of the time you spent would be in the
> configure stage.

Not really...  At least it's not the case with octave.  It used to take
more than one hour (on my Intel Core i5 430M); with "make -j4" it's
faster, but the CPU temperature shows 100 degrees Celsius.

> have you tried to make an independent aur package for yourself?

Does that make a difference?  Still I have to build it myself, and I'm
asking if we can build a docs package in [extra].

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University