[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] dropping tcp_wrapper support

Dimitrios Apostolou jimis at gmx.net
Tue Jul 19 06:37:11 EDT 2011

Hello list,

I've been using tcp_wrappers on Linux for more than 10 years, and on
Archlinux for 6 years.

FWIW I'm not happy about this change. Even though I know that the same
functionality is provided by iptables, I consider tcp_wrappers the Unix
Way.

Anyway there is no value in fighting about personal opinions, and I
respect the developers' decision because tcp_wrappers is unmaintained.
Hopefully someone will move forward, fork the package and bring it up
to date.

Dimitris