[arch-general] Panic - no sound devices after upgrade

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Jul 20 10:03:57 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
>> Or, was the last time you updated before this, quite a
>> while back?
>
> According to pacman.log it seems the last full update was in March.

Ah, in that case there has been a lot of changes to the udev package
in the meantime, so it is likely the culprit. In particular, we are no
longer loading as many modules by default as we used to do. Are you
using oss emulation? Then you'd have to load those modules manually.

> Today, on both machines, the 'missing file' errors from udev have
> disappeared. But you'll find yesterday's ones, rc.conf, pacman.log
> and fstab here: <http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/archinfo.tar.bz2>.
> Use wget, there are no links to this.

Thanks for the info. Did you see those "file not found" errors more than once?

Did downgrading udev fix it for you? Does it work with our lts kernel?

Cheers,

Tom