[arch-general] X terminal redraw problem

Jon Gjengset jon at thesquareplanet.com
Sat Jul 23 15:54:42 EDT 2011

On 07/23/2011 09:14 PM, cantabile wrote:
> Sounds like the problem I've been having with atris [1] and scummvm
> [2]. Try those, see if you have any redraw problems (switch to
> fullscreen in atris; just start `scummvm` and move around the mouse).
> Also try linux 2.6.38.6 [3]. That one doesn't have the problem, the
> first 2.6.39 does.
Hmm.. Tried both, and I couldn't see any problem

That said, I just switched to the open-source nvidia drivers to see if
that would help, and I haven't seen any X terminal problems here yet, so
perhaps the open-source drivers don't have the problem?
Switching from proprietary to open-source nvidia drivers shouldn't be
considered a fix the problem though, since some might require the extra
features of the proprietary ones.
Besides, it can't really be solely the fault of the driver since people
with Intel graphics chips have the same problem?

Jon