[arch-general] Atheros WiFi only working after reboot from windows

Vic Demuzere vic at demuzere.be
Tue Jul 26 03:19:28 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I have a really strange issue with my Atheros WiFi card since
re-installing Arch. It doesn't manage to connect to my wireless AP,
except when I first boot windows and then reboot to Arch. So it looks
like Arch doesn't manage to start the card properly. Output from dmesg
is the same in both cases, and the card correctly shows up in lspci.

[sorcix at morpheus ~]$ dmesg | grep ath
ath9k 0000:01:0b.0: PCI INT A -> Link[APC3] -> GSI 18 (level, low) -> IRQ 18
ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x30
ath: EEPROM indicates we should expect a direct regpair map
ath: Country alpha2 being used: AM
ath: Regpair used: 0x30
ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'ath9k_rate_control'
Registered led device: ath9k-phy0

I tried netcfg, networkmanager and manually using wpa_supplicant. When
I didn't boot windows first, the card seems to connect to the AP, and
then disconnect again.

wlan0: deauthenticating from xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx by local choice (reason=3)

It then starts looping trying to reconnect.

After first booting into windows, it simply connects and stays
connected. Everything works fine then. Note that it always works fine
in windows, so it isn't a hardware problem.

Does anyone else have this problem, or knows how to fix it?

--
vic at demuzere.be :: http://vic.demuzere.be :: PGP: 0x6690CF94
My software never contains bugs, it just develops random features.