[arch-general] Atheros WiFi only working after reboot from windows

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:13:59 EDT 2011

On 07/26/2011 12:30 PM, Vic Demuzere wrote:
> 2011/7/26 Lukáš Jirkovský<l.jirkovsky at gmail.com>:
>>
>> You could try playing with rfkill a bit.
>>

> Thanks, I didn't know about rfkill.
>
> It doesn't seem to help though, it shows up as not blocked in rfkill,
> even when it doesn't work.
>
> Is there anywhere I can look for differences between a cold boot and a
> reboot from windows? I tried "dmesg | grep ath" but the output is the
> same in both cases. There must be a difference in output somewhere,
> right?
>
> --
> vic at demuzere.be :: http://vic.demuzere.be :: PGP: 0x6690CF94
> My software never contains bugs, it just develops random features.

Vic,

   On my Toshiba laptop, I created a profile in rc.conf based on the following
note:

Install the netcfg package, create a profile under /etc/network.d (there are
some examples, so you shouldn't have any problem), and edit /etc/rc.conf: add
the name of your profile into "NETWORKS=(...)" and add 'net-profiles' to your
DAEMONS.

   I have had no problems with Atheros wifi since. It connects every time.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.