[arch-general] Atheros WiFi only working after reboot from windows

Vic Demuzere vic at demuzere.be
Wed Jul 27 05:24:42 EDT 2011

On 26 July 2011 23:13, David C. Rankin <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> On my Toshiba laptop, I created a profile in rc.conf based on the following
> note:
>
> Install the netcfg package, create a profile under /etc/network.d (there are
> some examples, so you shouldn't have any problem), and edit /etc/rc.conf:
> add
> the name of your profile into "NETWORKS=(...)" and add 'net-profiles' to
> your
> DAEMONS.
>
>  I have had no problems with Atheros wifi since. It connects every time.

I'm using net-auto-wireless instead of net-profiles, I could try to
change that. But I don't think that will solve it, as it doesn't even
work when connecting manually. I tried connecting to my network using
networkmanager, netcfg and manual wpa_supplicant. Neither work, so I
doubt it has something to do with the netcfg config.

It's worth the try though, thanks!

--
vic at demuzere.be :: http://vic.demuzere.be :: PGP: 0x6690CF94
My software never contains bugs, it just develops random features.