[arch-general] After the recent linux kernel update booting fails if usb disks are present in /etc/fstab

Hector Martinez-Seara hseara at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 07:49:02 EDT 2011

Hi,
Which information exactly do you need? I can provide you any
information you may require if you explain me how to gather it (I'm
not as good as most of you).

Regarding testing. I don't want to use testing in this computer as it
has some sensitive data.

Regarding non mounting at boot it is rather not a good option. First,
I like my disks to be check up periodically, this is fairly well done
at boot. Second, This is a file server besides a desktop, so not
always kde/gnome... are in use. I really think it is redundant to have
to use another tool than fstab to mount disks only for the seek of
speeding up the boot process.

I really don't see the point of speeding the things up if they make
everything else unstable. I honestly think that we are trying to build
a house starting from the roof. First stability and then if possible
speed.
Hector

--
Hector Martínez-Seara Monné