[arch-general] Anybody else have problems with the new Nvidia drivers (275.09.07-1)

Armando M. Baratti ambaratti.listas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 22:07:44 EDT 2011

Em 18-06-2011 05:03, Richard Schütz escreveu:

> I don't think so. Epiphany is based on WebKit these days. And because I
> can trigger the bug in EOG (Eye of GNOME) it doesn't look like a browser
> problem for me at all.
>
> Perhaps it is a problem of GTK together with nvidia 275.09.07. I tried
> feh (a simple X11 image viewer that doesn't use GTK or Qt) and it works
> fine without flickering, artifacts or something else strange.

I think you're right. I've downloaded and opened the file with some
image viewers: geeqie / fotoxx / gimp are fine, but gthumb froze
(eventually freezing xorg with it).

By the way, opening other images, even bigger than yours, on gthumb
worked without a glitch. It seems that there is something related
specifically to that image involved in the freezing.

nvidia 275.09.07-1
nvidia-utils 275.09.07-1

geeqie 1.0-5
fotoxx 11.06.1-1