[arch-general] weird problem

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 12:43:22 EDT 2011

On 19-06-2011 17:22, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> OK, I am answering your question in this way:
> I want to keep using the opensource ati drivers. Also I want to use
> lib32-libgl for all the 32-bit packages. So as you told me I tried to
> uninstall catalyst-utils and lib32-catalyst-utils. But I can't uninstall
> these as they aren't installed. So why the hell am I asked to replace
> lib32-libgl with lib32-catalyst-utils everytime I upgrade? It is some
> sort of a bug? What is causing this problem?

Really silly questions:
- Are you using any repos other than [core], [extra], [community] and
[multilib]?
- Are you using any pacman wrappers?

I'm asking because pacman can't find anything to do with catalyst here
and I'm using all the above mentioned repos so I don't see how using the
official repos could cause that. If you are using other repos (or pacman
wrappers, that as far as I know are not supported) you should know what
you are doing so you how know how to deal with these kind of conflicts
and possible breakage that might happen.

--
Mauro Santos