[arch-general] Ethernet stopped working after update

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Jun 26 15:15:15 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 9:05 PM,  <dmbuce at gmail.com> wrote:
> # lspci | grep -i ethernet
> Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI
> Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 03)
>
> After doing pacman -Syu, ethernet on my desktop stopped working. The card on
> my laptop is the same, at least according to lspci, and is working fine.
>
> When I upgraded, there was a change in syntax in rc.conf for defining the
> network, but I'm just attempting dhcp for now before I try to set up a
> static ip:
>
> interface=eth0
> address=
> netmask=
> gateway=

Could you try with your old rc.conf? We didn't drop support for the
old syntax, so it should still work. It would be good to rule that one
out before anything else I think.

Secondly, could you possibly downgrade some of your packages to figure
out which one caused the problem? My guess is going to be kernel26,
initscripts or udev.

One more thing: have you noticed the change of syntax in rc.conf for
blacklisting modules? Did you blacklist any modules before, that is
not getting blacklisted anymore? Could you try blacklisting them using
modprobe.conf?

Please file a bug report if none of this solves your problem.

-t