[arch-general] SOLVED [was Re: Warning - Thunderbird 5 Breaks Access to pop accounts]

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:09:12 EDT 2011

On 06/30/2011 09:25 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 06/29/2011 02:46 PM, Karol Babioch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 29.06.2011 21:25, schrieb David C. Rankin:
>>> is part of it in xulrunner
>> xulrunner isn't needed anymore, when I remember it right.
>>
>> What kind of security do you have on your mail server? Maybe there is a
>> problem with certificate(s), or something like this.
>>

> I hate to admit it, but this ISP has no security - it's "plain". So that might
> be confusing the smarter apps looking for a cert??

I can't explain it. I dropped back to tty1 and updated to tbird 5 again and
this time all the pop accounts are working. I don't know what happened with
the last update. The only difference this time was I exited the desktop before
updating. It makes no sense, but whatever didn't work with the last install
seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your thoughts and feedback letting me
know it was working for you.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.