[arch-general] 2010.05 iso images problem?

Øyvind Heggstad mrelendig at har-ikkje.net
Tue Mar 1 05:28:42 EST 2011

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:04:58 +0100
didier gaumet <didier.gaumet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have downloaded a 2010.05 x86_64 core iso image from
> http://mir.archlinux.fr/iso/ and verified its sha1sum.
> After installation, I end up with a 2.6.37 kernel (out in 2011.01)
> with no modules (2.6.27 and 2.6.33 modules are available).
>
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/iso/ has the same sha1sum for this
> iso.
>
> Is there not a problem with these images?
> Right now I am updating this Archlinux installation from a Debian
> chroot, so it is not a blocking problem, but out of curiosity, I would
> like to know.
>
> Thanks,
> Didier.

The new testisos found at http://releng.archlinux.org/isos/ is
prefered, but the old release iso should work just fine too.
Are there actually no modules in /lib/modules/2.6.37-ARCH/ or is the
kernel just complaining about no depmod file? If the former,
reinstalling the kernel26 package should solve it, but the intresting
questin is why the modules didn't get installed in the first place. If
the later, just run a depmod -a