[arch-general] 2010.05 iso images problem?

didier gaumet didier.gaumet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:16:22 EST 2011

Le Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:28:42 +0100,
Øyvind Heggstad <mrelendig at har-ikkje.net> a écrit :

> The new testisos found at http://releng.archlinux.org/isos/ is
> prefered, but the old release iso should work just fine too.

I was not aware of the existence of these images, thank you.

> Are there actually no modules in /lib/modules/2.6.37-ARCH/ or is the
> kernel just complaining about no depmod file? If the former,
> reinstalling the kernel26 package should solve it, but the intresting
> questin is why the modules didn't get installed in the first place. If
> the later, just run a depmod -a

I've ugraded the kernel modules via a Debian chroot to solve the
problem.

There was no /lib/modules/2.6.37-ARCH/ directory and to me that was to
be expected from a 2010.05 image (2.6.33 kernel). What puzzles me is to
find a 2.6.37 kernel installed by this image: if I am not wrong, 2.6.37
was out in 2011.01, eight months after the 2010.05 iso was out...