[arch-general] knotify4 is eating 90%+ of the CPU in gnome - can it be reniced or something?

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Thu Mar 3 00:49:25 EST 2011

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:37:30 -0600 "David C. Rankin" wrote:

>    Running Gnome, knotify 4 is killing my system. From top, it is
> taking over 90% of the cpu:
>
> 13123 david     20   0  155m  40m  17m S   91  1.3  60:06.32 knotify4
>
>    Can this 'feature' be turned off when I'm in a desktop other than
> kde4?

It is a service (see /usr/share/kde4/services/knotify4.desktop) which
should be possible to control from systemsettings. I'm not sure if it
is possible to deactivate it only then if you use another WM because a
lot of kde apps writes their information over this interface and this
could be more the reason that it starts. But on the other side if i see
your cpu load than deactivating could be even better.-)

See you, Attila