[arch-general] GSoC 2011 - Join forces

Markus M. May mmay at javafreedom.org
Tue Mar 8 03:01:10 EST 2011

Hello,

there seem to be some interest in the participation of Arch Linux on GSoC 2011. The ArchServer community has decided to participate, but since we are a small and quite new project, we do not think to get accepted.

So why not join forces in this effort. I guess we do have similar goals (e.g. every Arch Linux based distro will benefit from the extension of pacman).

ArchServer can bring the application to the plate, which will need to get adapted to the new structure obviously
(http://wiki.archserver.org/index.php/GSoC2011_Application). I envision some umbrella project for Arch Linux, ArchServer and probably even other Arch Linux based distros. Of course we do have a very tough timeframe to get this up.

What do you think?

R,

Markus