[arch-general] GSoC 2011 - Join forces

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 8 07:09:28 EST 2011

2011/3/8 Markus M. May <mmay at javafreedom.org>:
> Hello,
>
> there seem to be some interest in the participation of Arch Linux on GSoC 2011. The ArchServer community has decided to participate, but since we are a small and quite new project, we do not think to get accepted.
>
> So why not join forces in this effort. I guess we do have similar goals (e.g. every Arch Linux based distro will benefit from the extension of pacman).
>
> ArchServer can bring the application to the plate, which will need to get adapted to the new structure obviously
> (http://wiki.archserver.org/index.php/GSoC2011_Application). I envision some umbrella project for Arch Linux, ArchServer and probably even other Arch Linux based distros. Of course we do have a very tough timeframe to get this up.
>
> What do you think?
>
> R,
>
> Markus

Nice,

>From the Dev side of Arch, count with me, though I am not Pacman
Developer, but I do know pacman and I could spend some of my time on
this project.

I did a page several weeks ago [1], feel free to complement it with
the info according to Arch and we have to send the application to GSoC
soon..

Drop me a mail anything you need.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GSoC_2011

--