[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.38-1

Emmanuel Benisty benisty.e at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:24:26 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:49 AM, Marek Otahal <markotahal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 21 of March 2011 22:21:44 you wrote:
>> On Monday 21 of March 2011 22:09:22 Erik Johnson wrote:
>> > Touchpad scrolling stopped working for me with this kernel, for some odd
>> > reason.
>>
>> Hi,
>> i had just the same weird issue,
>> for me, going to kde's systemsettings > mouse module fixes that.
>> see https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23330
>> cheers, marek
> sorry, my mistake.  so i can confirm that kernel 2.6.38 breaks the sidebar
> scrolling on synaptics touchpad.

that's because there's some new multitouch code that has been merged,
you should be able to scroll with two fingers anywhere on the touchpad
now, this became the default behaviour. To get back the old style,
just add:
Option "VertEdgeScroll" "true"
to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf (or whatever it is called on
your machine)