[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.38-1

Arthur Titeica arthur at psw.ro
Mon Mar 21 20:35:55 EDT 2011

 On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 07:24:26 +0700, Emmanuel Benisty wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:49 AM, Marek Otahal <markotahal at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>> some odd
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> i had just the same weird issue,
>>> for me, going to kde's systemsettings > mouse module fixes that.
>>> see https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23330
>>> cheers, marek
>> sorry, my mistake.  so i can confirm that kernel 2.6.38 breaks the
>> sidebar
>> scrolling on synaptics touchpad.
>
> that's because there's some new multitouch code that has been merged,
> you should be able to scroll with two fingers anywhere on the
> touchpad
> now, this became the default behaviour. To get back the old style,
> just add:
> Option "VertEdgeScroll" "true"
> to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf (or whatever it is called
> on
> your machine)

 I'm just curious. Where did you get this info from and how could a
 normal
 user know these things when they break? Maybe it's in a wiki somewhere
 or
 there's a arch kernel changelog?

 As for myself I spent one day looking for a solution and found it in
 ksynaptics (in AUR - this should really get in official repos ;) ).

--
 Arthur Titeica