[arch-general] bluez and udev

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Mar 24 05:20:08 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Seblu <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
>> # Run helper every time a Bluetooth device appears
>> # On remove actions, bluetoothd should go away by itself
>> ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="bluetooth",
>> RUN{fail_event_on_error}+="/usr/sbin/bluetoothd --udev"
>>
>> And after booting (so after dbus is running), calling "/sbin/udevadm
>> trigger --action=add --type=failed" manually?
> That's works. But as you said, it is now removed from upstream.

Hm, at least we know exactly where the problem is. But, it will not
work for long I guess.

I guess this is a bluez bug then. It seems that it is not allowed to
fail anymore.

Have you seen this commit and accompanying bug report:
<http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=commit;h=7bf4b08d0bd35aaef50926e14c5be277df3550e2>?
It seems this was a problem for Fedora 14, and that it was fixed in
bluez.

> Last commit remove option from manpage and add a death condition in
> TODO to --type failed. Actually this is probably a bad idea to patch
> in this way.
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=commit;h=864fde8a087c0edbc0ee3aca83f9289fc32cfcee

Thanks, I hadn't seen that commit. Deprecating --failed is definitely
not systemd specific then, good to know.

> I see nothing about this in linux-hotplug mailing list. I will ask them.

Yeah, it was not discussed there. You could also try the bluez
mailinglist perhaps?

Cheers,

Tom