[arch-general] bluez and udev

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Sat Mar 26 14:29:05 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Seblu <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
>>> # Run helper every time a Bluetooth device appears
>>> # On remove actions, bluetoothd should go away by itself
>>> ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="bluetooth",
>>> RUN{fail_event_on_error}+="/usr/sbin/bluetoothd --udev"
>>>
>>> And after booting (so after dbus is running), calling "/sbin/udevadm
>>> trigger --action=add --type=failed" manually?
>> That's works. But as you said, it is now removed from upstream.
>
> Hm, at least we know exactly where the problem is. But, it will not
> work for long I guess.
>
> I guess this is a bluez bug then. It seems that it is not allowed to
> fail anymore.
>
> Have you seen this commit and accompanying bug report:
> <http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=commit;h=7bf4b08d0bd35aaef50926e14c5be277df3550e2>?
> It seems this was a problem for Fedora 14, and that it was fixed in
> bluez.

If i understand correctly, issue was about an udev new behaviour which
use "change" event instead of "add" in some way.

> Yeah, it was not discussed there. You could also try the bluez
> mailinglist perhaps?

Tom do you see answer in linux-hotplug mailing list?

My understanding: Let initscripts start bluetoothd and not udev (it
should not use to manage services).

Regards,

--
Sébastien Luttringer