[arch-general] inefficient handling of bug reports?

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 28 09:07:12 EDT 2011

On 03/27/2011 05:16 AM, Angus wrote:
> When I file a bug report with the Flyspray web interface, why can't I
> specify the package it concerns? Having that option should make it
> possible for the package maintainers to be immediately and
> automatically notified of the report.

you seem to be a regular bugzilla user. You can't specify a package
because we have a lot of them and somebody has to add them as a project
and sucks(it might be a limitation for flyspray)

instead we chose to have some style but not everyone use it.

[packagename] short description

> The way it works now seems to be that I have to wait for some generic
> bug janitor to manually assign my report to the maintainer of the
> package (correct me if I'm mistaken). For example, I filed a bug
> report nearly two days ago, but apparently no janitor (or any other
> maintainer) has looked at it jet, which means all that time is wasted
> for hardly any reason (and no, I won't specify which bug. It's
> irrelevant to the issue I'm addressing here.)
>
> I believe the coders among us appreciate efficiency and automation, so
> maybe we can improve this system?

only if we use bugzilla.

--
Ionuț