[arch-general] inefficient handling of bug reports?

Simon Perry arch at sanxion.net
Mon Mar 28 12:40:32 EDT 2011

 On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 00:18:14 +0800, Ray Rashif wrote:

> There is no problem. What are you talking about? Anyone is free to
> mention in the report what package they think is related.

 Which eludes to the original issue - instead of a wrangler, or team of
 wranglers, who have to deal with everything, let users do the initial
 assignment, then if it needs to go somewhere else, the team it's been
 assigned to can throw it back to the "wranglers".

 I digress, I think...

> What information? You have a tracker, you know it's Flyspray, if you
> can file a feature request with at least a demonstrated logic if not
> PHP patch. If it's easy to implement, we might do it. Else, you can
> go
> upstream.
>
> Now, let's not get into why we use Flyspray in the first place. You
> can ask the rest of the OSS world why they use what they use.

 I understand, but look, this is the first time I've ever commented on
 this list.

 Even though the button name makes no sense, I'll go back to lurking.

--
 Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
 [ s a n x i o n . n e t ]