[arch-general] inefficient handling of bug reports?

solsTiCe d'Hiver solstice.dhiver at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 07:32:33 EDT 2011

Le lundi 28 mars 2011 à 22:19 +0900, Angus a écrit :
> I use that when reporting bugs, but it doesn't seem to get my reports
> assigned to the relevant maintainer(s) any faster at all...

You just forgot one thing:
Assigning automatically a bug to a maintainer does not mean the bug will
be fixed any faster.

I can see now some of my bugs, assigned and fixed asap, while others are
assigned and linger on for quite some time. Because the maintainer does
not take any action. It entirely depends on the maintainer willingness.
This is especially true for [community]

I don't want to point the finger at some maintainer here. I am trying to
make a point.