[arch-general] What broke?!?!?!?

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon May 2 11:04:11 EDT 2011

OK, performed a pacman -Syu today, and all sorts of things broke.  Can
anyone please help point me to fixes?

* My USB (wireless) keyboard no longer works under X.  (Although it
still works fine from consoles 1-6.)

* Internal trackpad no longer works under X.

* Connecting to an openvpn no longer works under
networkmanager/networkmanager-openvpn/nm-applet.

* Neither USB (wireless) keyboard or (wired) mouse works under qingy.

I've been trying to dig through the forums, but haven't found any
helpful info yet.  If these are known issues, could anyone point me to
relevant forum threads and/or bug reports about them?

I honestly don't know where to start to fix this on my own.  There were
~150 packages that got upgraded this weekend, and I have no idea which
one(s) caused the breakages.

Thanks,

DR