[arch-general] What broke?!?!?!?

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:12:07 EDT 2011

Hi :)

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 5:04 PM, David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net> wrote:
> OK, performed a pacman -Syu today, and all sorts of things broke.  Can
> anyone please help point me to fixes?
>
> * My USB (wireless) keyboard no longer works under X.  (Although it still
> works fine from consoles 1-6.)
>
> * Internal trackpad no longer works under X.
>
> * Connecting to an openvpn no longer works under
> networkmanager/networkmanager-openvpn/nm-applet.
>
> * Neither USB (wireless) keyboard or (wired) mouse works under qingy.
>
> I've been trying to dig through the forums, but haven't found any helpful
> info yet.  If these are known issues, could anyone point me to relevant
> forum threads and/or bug reports about them?
>
> I honestly don't know where to start to fix this on my own.  There were ~150
> packages that got upgraded this weekend, and I have no idea which one(s)
> caused the breakages.

Are you using xorg-server-catalyst-maximize-fix? I was and the latest
update left my kbd and mouse unuseable under X. Solution was to
uninstall it and install normal xorg:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI_Catalyst#Catalyst.27s_repositories

# pacman -Rdd xorg-server-catalyst-maximize-fix
# pacman -S xorg-server xorg-server-common

HTH

   Rafa