[arch-general] Gnome 3, a bug?

Casey Peter caseyjp1 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 08:38:52 CEST 2011

On 05/04/2011 11:56 PM, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 17:54, Damien Churchill<damoxc at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> You can disable extensions, taken from the Gnome Shell extensions page [1]
>>
>> "Per-user and systemwide extensions can be disabled with the GSettings
>> key org.gnome.shell.disabled-extensions"
>>
>> [1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions
> Yes, indeed it does say that, but it doesn't say how to actually
> disable them :-)
>
> I've tried to disable AlternateTab without success.  Here's what I've
> tried so far:
>
> % gsettings set org.gnome.shell disabled-extensions "@as ['AlternateTab']
> % gsettings set org.gnome.shell disabled-extensions "@as ['alternate-tab']
>
> Has anyone else managed to disable extensions?
>
> /M

Yes.  Disabling the extension is pretty simple.  Just go into the
/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions directory, rename the extension folder
to .backup or something like .disabled. (just keep the original folder
name in case you want to re-enable later).  You can then do an alt-f2
"lg" and enter and go to the extensions tab to verify what is/is not
there.  To make the change alt+f2 "r" enter to restart the gnome-shell.