[arch-general] Need for debug - can do i do?

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Mon May 9 01:11:10 EDT 2011

On 2011/5/7 rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI there!
>
> I'm trying to update PCSX2 with some help of its dev team [1], but it
> is crashing all the time. According to 'gdb' output, it is somehow
> related to lib32-glibc, but it is omitting some information. I was
> hoping to be able to activate more verbosity, which AFAIK I can get by
> compiling it with some debug flags. [2]
>
> Is it correct or there is another better way to do it ?

I don't think recompiling glibc with debugging flags is going to help
you in any way. Are you sure that your pcsx executable is compiled
with debugging symbols? A debug version of glibc is usually of no use
except to debug glibc itself.

In the backtrace linked at  http://pastebin.com/eCWRNd2X, it is
*Thread1* that segfaulted.

Rémy.