[arch-general] Need for debug - can do i do?

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 06:52:16 EDT 2011

2011/5/9 Rémy Oudompheng <remyoudompheng at gmail.com>:

> I don't think recompiling glibc with debugging flags is going to help
> you in any way. Are you sure that your pcsx executable is compiled
> with debugging symbols? A debug version of glibc is usually of no use
> except to debug glibc itself.
>
> In the backtrace linked at  http://pastebin.com/eCWRNd2X, it is
> *Thread1* that segfaulted.
>
> Rémy.

Well, I know it won't fix the problem, but might help understanding
what's wrong. And the pcsx2 executable was not enable due to a typo.
Glibc stripped lines had to be commented as well, as mentioned by
Allan.
I fixed and it provided a lot of information with gdb. I'm still not
able to get information on "Thread1", only that it's stack is
corrupted.

My guess is the whole problem started around gtk3 or gcc 4.6 appear
and I'd like to test this compilation with GCC 4.5.. Would it brake my
system or can I downgrade it?

Thanks