[arch-general] Gnome Shell freezes

Guillermo Leira gleira at gleira.com
Thu Nov 3 13:31:32 EDT 2011

It happens to me now and then, and I'm using intel drivers. I have noticed
that most of the times it is when I switch from a full screen vmware
workstation VM to another task. The symptoms are the same. Usually I can
connect from other machine to the VM and shut it down, and then reboot the
computer.

Sometimes it happens once or twice a day, and then comes a new driver and
the problem vanishes for a month. Then another upgrade brings it back.
Actually, I haven't suffered it for at least two weeks...

No suggestions, only that I think that it is not related to the radeon
drivers.

Guillermo Leira