[arch-general] KDE panel broken after last upgrade

Lorenzo Bandieri lorenzo.bandieri at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 04:52:25 EST 2011

>This also means the
> issue is with the configs somewhere.

Yes, it's likely a config problems. Removing my ~/.kde4 prevents the crash.

> Tomorrow I should try to move my settings directory to a backup location
> and try in a clean environment.

Hi Alessio! As I stated, I removed my ~/.kde4 and everything now seems
normal. Probably in a clean environment your transparency will come
back... at least, I hope so!

> Do you see in .xsession-errors why the panel is crashing?

Hi Bjoern. I posted a mail with attached my .xsession-errors, but I
guess my mail has to be approved yet (the attachment made the message
body > 40 Kb, which means that I need moderator approval)...

The errors that seem connected to the crash are:

plasma-desktop(968): ""geometry" - conversion of "62,0,0,0" to QRectF failed"
plasma-desktop(968): ""geometry" - conversion of "62,0,0,0" to QRectF failed"
plasma-desktop(968): ""geometry" - conversion of "62,0,0,0" to QRectF failed"
plasma-desktop(968): ""geometry" - conversion of "62,0,0,0" to QRectF failed"
plasma-desktop(968): ""geometry" - conversion of "62,0,0,0" to QRectF failed"
plasma-desktop(968): ""geometry" - conversion of "62,0,0,0" to QRectF failed"
Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::Changed()
link XMLID_34_ hasn't been detected!
link XMLID_34_ hasn't been detected!
link XMLID_36_ hasn't been detected!

However, I don't know how to interpret these. It seems a problem in resizing...

> I didn't have any problems with my upgrade, but I switch to smoothtasks as
> my task manager. You guys should give that a try.

I'll give it a try, thanks :)

Thanks to everyone for the reply.

Best regards,

Lorenzo