[arch-general] KDE panel broken after last upgrade

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Sat Nov 5 17:54:54 EDT 2011

On 6 November 2011 01:06, Lorenzo Bandieri <lorenzo.bandieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello archers,
>
> Last massive KDE upgrade broke my KDE desktop. In particular, after
> the reboot, the panel was gone. I tried to "Add Panel": Default Panel
> crashes Plasma Shell;  Empty panel works. Then I added one by one the
> widget I had in my original panel (which was pretty standard). I
> determined that the "culprit" is task manager: when I try to add this
> widget, KDE crashes.

I confirm as I faced this yesterday, but concluded that my systray was
the culprit. Possibly there is something common there.

> Any workaround?

I moved ~/.kde4/share/config, added the default panel, and moved back
the config. As such, I have a default panel now but at least I have a
task manager and a system tray to view my apps. This also means the
issue is with the configs somewhere. I have not done anything else
since I'm a little busy with stuff and I cannot deal with this kind of
breakage ATM.

--
GPG/PGP ID: 8AADBB10