[arch-general] Vim with X

Jason Melton jason.melton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:44:18 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Manolo Martínez
<manolo at austrohungaro.com>wrote:

> But I think many people
> -- at any rate, I'm one of them -- use vim in a terminal emulator in X. We
> don't want gvim, but we find copying and pasting to and from the clipboard
> useful.
>
> If you install gvim, you can still run "vim" in an emulator and you get
the compile flags that gvim used. Which, relevant to this question include
"+xterm_clipboard". gvim is not "gvim only, it's gvim AND vim.

You can then "set clipboard=unnamedplus" (or just "unnamed", or not at
all, depending on your preference) and go to town.