[arch-general] Fixing udev rules + udevd timeout error

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:43:49 EST 2011

Guys,

  I have read https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/26583 but I still have a question.
I have the file (/lib/udev/rules.d/52-nut-usbups.rules) for an older version of
nut that contains:

<snip>
BUS!="usb", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_end"
<snip>

LABEL="nut-usbups_rules_end"

  What do I have to do to 'fix' the rule to get rid of the error regarding 'BUS'
no longer being recognized?

  Also, nut (upsd) will start, but after a period of time it dies with the
following udevd error in the daemons.log file:

Nov 29 13:18:53 archangel udevd[451]: timeout: killing '/sbin/modprobe -bv
usb:v045Ep0040d0300dc00dsc00dp00ic03isc01ip02' [696]

  The error repeats continuously and I cannot kill the nut processes and make it
stop. It is like something gets stuck when the error gets thrown. Any thoughts?
 Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.