[arch-general] Forums search interval

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 21:10:27 EDT 2011

On Oct 19, 2011 3:59 AM, "Heiko Baums" <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:

> Am Tue, 18 Oct 2011 21:49:20 +0200
> schrieb Pataricza Zsolt <siriusb at linuxmail.org>:
>
> > Try Google instead. Enter:
> > something you want to find site:bbs.archlinux.org
>
> This has nothing to do with the search interval issue.
>
> And does Google really need to know everything? And what is the forums'
> search function for?
>
> Heiko

It's just a (very effective) workaround with the added benefit of utilizing
google's servers rather than arch's.

This discussion probably belongs more in the forums itself (forum and wiki
discussion sub-forum) though, since it is about the forum. The forum admin
is currently occupied with RL last I heard so not sure how fast a reply
you'd get