[arch-general] coping with damaging updates

Damjan gdamjan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:27:49 EDT 2011

> Am I the only one reading this thread who sees the inherent
> contradiction of wanting complete control over your system, wanting
> things not to break, yet wanting software to be (relatively
> frequently) updated?

I think the source of the problem is the lack of communication and
documentation - not necessarly by Arch devs.
I'm yet to find good documentation about what should Polkit, ConsoleKit
and all the other *kits actually do, how
to debug when they don't do that, how to test and check their state
etc...

--
дамјан