[arch-general] imagemagick and calibre have problems with libtool in testing

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Fri Sep 9 16:58:07 EDT 2011

Not sure this warrants a bug report but here's what happened.

I'm running testing repositories and building my own packages, after I
upgraded libtool last night calibre would not start. Did crtl + alt +
F1 to read the error message and found this -- imagemagick cannot load
libltdl.so.7. This prevented calibre from running.

Solution was to rebuild imagemagick against the new libltdl
installation then rebuilt calibre (possibly and unneeded step but did
it anyway). Everything works fine now.

Just thought I would pass this on in case anyone else has the same problem.

Myra