[arch-general] libtool(-multilib) and libltdl

F.Gr. francesco.groccia at poste.it
Mon Sep 12 11:59:22 EDT 2011

[2011-09-12T17:31 CEST]
Thomas Bächler:

> Am 12.09.2011 17:05, schrieb F.Gr.:
> > [2011-09-12T17:37 CEST]
> > Ionut Biru:

> >> how did you managed to do this? if you update normally, you will
> >> have libltdl installed as a dependency of libtool
> >
> > Yes, libltdl has been installed as a dependency. Have a look at
> > the following output:
>
> Did you use the '-f' option to pacman at any time? If yes, pacman
> might have screwed up when files were moved from one package to the
> other. In that case, reinstall libltdl (as the files seem to be
> missing, you want to reinstall libltdl anyway).

Yes, I've used '-f' option. Reinstalling libltdl, now works. To work
correctly, I had to remove libtool-multilib (because I've installed
multilib-devel package). I've made a mess! I won't use '-f' in the
future. :-)

Thanks to all.

--
Government is the only agency which can take a useful commodity like
paper, slap some ink on it, and make it totally worthless.