[arch-general] Any suggestions on frequently rebuilding a git package?

XeCycle xecycle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 05:01:58 EDT 2011

Many thanks to all of you, I'm trying them out.

So the point is to never clean the code tree, nor cleaning those
compiled objects.

However I think re-configuring is not always needed, which results in
lots of rebuilding.  So It's better to decide myself when it's needed?

Philipp Überbacher <hollunder at lavabit.com> writes:

> Excerpts from XeCycle's message of 2011-09-18 17:33:56 +0200:
>> Hi, I build Emacs from git quite frequently, about twice a month or so.
>> However the PKGBUILD from AUR rebuilds everything each time, which takes
>> too many time I think.  Perhaps Emacs is small, but I think there should
>> be a way to prevent too many rebuilds --- is that possible?
>
> 1. Don't use -c (clean)

I already did it.

> 2. Comment line 47 and 48 (PKGBUILD-git.proto), uncomment if you want a
> clean build.

Well, this is my PKGBUILD-git.proto:

    43	  #
    44	  # BUILD HERE
    45	  #
    46	  ./autogen.sh
    47	  ./configure --prefix=/usr
    48	  make

Do you mean commenting 46 & 47?

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University