[arch-general] Skype mic

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:53:36 EDT 2011

2011/9/26 Carlos Alberto Ospina <electricaos07 at gmail.com>:
> Skype doesn't work. Installing windows (virtual box) I thought that the
> problem would continue. when I do the test call in skype me back without
> allowing too much noise to hear what i record.
>
> and it's the same machine virtual and my arch. Just when i speak, i hear
> perfectky the other person.
>
> --
> Carlos Alberto Ospina E.
> Linux User #506652

If I understood correctly, your microphone is not working correctly in
skype. In skype call, you can hear the other side, but the other side
can't understand you. Am I right?

In this case, the problem is not the skype in general (mine works
perfectly). You should verify your sound settings. Archwiki has some
steps to configure Alsa, for example.
(https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Alsa)

Also, Did you take a look in Skype page at Archwiki?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Skype

-- Rafael