[arch-general] Installing in VirtualBox - Screen goes black during installation

Joshua Poehls joshua at zduck.com
Thu Apr 5 08:41:23 EDT 2012

I started installing Arch in VirtualBox this morning but twice now the
screen goes black at some point during (or right after) the package
download step and never comes back. It appears that some activity is still
happening, but nothing is displayed. If I do a full reboot the screen comes
back but the install of course hasn't completed so I have to start over.

Do I need to change some Display Settings in VirtualBox or something? I did
tell it that the OS Type was Arch 64 bit.

Thanks,

--
Joshua Poehls