[arch-general] Installing in VirtualBox - Screen goes black during installation

Jesse Juhani Jaara jesse.jaara at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 08:45:31 EDT 2012

to, 2012-04-05 kello 07:41 -0500, Joshua Poehls kirjoitti:
> I started installing Arch in VirtualBox this morning but twice now the
> screen goes black at some point during (or right after) the package
> download step and never comes back.
Well Linux in general has a "powersaving" or "screensaving" feature
don't know the exact meaning/use of it, but anyway in console, if you
don't touch the keyboard for a while the screen will blank itself.
Pressing any key will wake it up again. Don't know if this is the thing
you are experiencing...