[arch-general] Regressions with X and dbus (maybe?)

Alexandre Ferrando alferpal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:02:39 EDT 2012

On 10 April 2012 16:14, G. Schlisio <g.schlisio at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
> since the last update today, my X server does not start on startup, i have
> to start it manually.
> after that, a lot of things dont work, such as network (wicd), audio (alsa,
> no pulseaudio!).
> attempting to start dbus needs me to remove the pidfile first, then it
> starts without errors, but crashes again instantly.
> some hopefully useful information: linux 3.2, kde-4.8.2, fully updated
> system
> help pretty much appreciated.
> georg

I don't reboot often aside from kernel updates so after a reboot
yesterday I noticed that dbus didn't start (wicd warning about dbus)
and then tried to start it manually getting the warning about the pid
file.

Didn't had time to look into it yesterday, but today I've rebooted to
see if it was an isolated issue or not. It isn't, dbus won't start at
boot.

Using:

dbus 1.4.20-1
linux 3.3.1-1
initscripts 2012.03.2-1
systemd 44-5
initscripts-systemd v44.1-2
libsystemd 44-5
systemd-arch-units 20120401-1

If I forgot to add some package relevant, please tell me.