[arch-general] Regressions with X and dbus (maybe?)

G. Schlisio g.schlisio at gmx.de
Thu Apr 12 17:07:58 EDT 2012

Am 10.04.2012 18:02, schrieb Alexandre Ferrando:
> On 10 April 2012 16:14, G. Schlisio<g.schlisio at gmx.de>  wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> since the last update today, my X server does not start on startup, i have
>> to start it manually.
>> after that, a lot of things dont work, such as network (wicd), audio (alsa,
>> no pulseaudio!).
>> attempting to start dbus needs me to remove the pidfile first, then it
>> starts without errors, but crashes again instantly.
>> some hopefully useful information: linux 3.2, kde-4.8.2, fully updated
>> system
>> help pretty much appreciated.
>> georg
> I don't reboot often aside from kernel updates so after a reboot
> yesterday I noticed that dbus didn't start (wicd warning about dbus)
> and then tried to start it manually getting the warning about the pid
> file.
>
> Didn't had time to look into it yesterday, but today I've rebooted to
> see if it was an isolated issue or not. It isn't, dbus won't start at
> boot.
>
> Using:
>
> dbus 1.4.20-1
> linux 3.3.1-1
> initscripts 2012.03.2-1
> systemd 44-5
> initscripts-systemd v44.1-2
> libsystemd 44-5
> systemd-arch-units 20120401-1
>
> If I forgot to add some package relevant, please tell me.

i am still having this issue, although i reinstalled all those mentioned
packages (incl wicd, dbus-core and some others), but gained nothing.
at startup, i'll find those messages in /var/log/daemons.log, saying
[code]
localhost dbus[351]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit
'dbus-org.wicd.daemon.service': Unit dbus-org.wicd.daemon.service failed
to load: No such file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl
status dbus-org.wicd.daemon.service' for details.
[/code]
while systmctl just says
[code]
dbus-org.wicd.daemon.service
           Loaded: error (Reason: No such file or directory)
           Active: inactive (dead)
[/code]
so i updated to the most recent initscripts-systemd-20120412-1 and
systemd-arch-units-20120412-1, but starting dbus does nothing but create
a pidfile.
anyone got a hint where to look first? i have no idea what to do atm.
thanks in advance
georg