[arch-general] EFI-Support (Arch on a MacBook Pro)

Scott Lawrence bytbox at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 16:19:13 EDT 2012

My cd writer is apparently dead (gets to 60-80% and dies), so I'll be
contributing no useful information. Sorry

However, it seems that using an archboot[1] livecd[2] is the way to go - a
simple install should give you grub2 properly set up, and from there it's just
a matter of configuration.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archboot
[2] http://cosmos.cites.illinois.edu/pub/archlinux/iso/archboot/2012.01/

By the way, if you intend to go the dwm/xmonad route, I've created a version
of pommed (the hotkeys handler) with unnecessary
dbus/wmaker/gnome/ambient-light-sensor support torn out, along with the bugs
it had. pommed-light in AUR. The main version of pommed tends to sit at 2% CPU
usage because it's constantly polling the ambient light sensor, and it can't
tolerate dbus not being running.

Good luck.

--
Scott Lawrence