[arch-general] findutils and locate

P .NIKOLIC p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 15 12:51:36 EDT 2012

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:13:33 +0530
gt <static.vortex at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 04:38:01PM +0100, P .NIKOLIC wrote:
> > Right my /etc/updatedb.conf is as follows
> > # directories to exclude from the slocate database:
> > PRUNEPATHS="/media /mnt /tmp /var/tmp /var/cache /var/lock /var/run /var/spool /home/pete/nas /home/pete/Movies /home/pete/Music /home/pete/nas1"
> >
> > # filesystems to exclude from the slocate database:
> > PRUNEFS="afs auto autofs binfmt_misc cifs coda configfs cramfs
> > debugfs devpts devtmpfs ftpfs iso9660 mqueue ncpfs nfs nfs4 proc
> > ramfs securityfs shfs smbfs sshfs sysfs tmpfs udf usbfs vboxsf"
> >
> > yet i get zero file finds for any file name that i know is
> > definately on the system in a location that IS searchable
>
> Does /var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db exist? If it does, then when was the
> last time it was accessed?

Hi ..

Yes it is there  ..

-rw-r-----  1 root locate 7868436 Apr 15 13:48 mlocate.db

Doing a strings on the file  it contains the expected data but  i still
get no files show up when i try locate filename  even if the file is
listed in the db  and it Actually exists on the drive and is good

Pete

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.3.1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 3 06:46:17 UTC 2012
x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 9600B Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux