[arch-general] Install wiki - recommendations regarding 'swap' ?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Aug 5 03:13:45 EDT 2012

On 08/05/2012 12:04 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:

> Scott, C, gt, Rafel,
>
>   Thank you for all you comments. I'll drop a note in the wiki that captures a
> brief set of these considerations and the few steps needed to set up a swap if
> the user desires.

Well, I do not have permission to write to the Install wiki. I think the best
way to handle it is this: after this existing note:

<quote>
Remember to create any stacked block devices like LVM, LUKS, or RAID. Consider
also if you will require swap space for your install. swap is needed for
suspend-to-disk capability and is required by a few applications to run. More
information on swap can be found in the Partitioning link above.
</quote>

  That is simple enough, it raises the issue and refers the user to where he can
find additional info to guild him.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.