[arch-general] Install wiki - recommendations regarding 'swap' ?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 5 08:24:28 EDT 2012

>   Thank you for all you comments. I'll drop a note in the wiki that captures a
> brief set of these considerations and the few steps needed to set up a swap if
> the user desires.

With 4Gb and even > 32 Gb rams on some systems you may want to note that
you can use a small swap for caching and a second swap file for
hibernation that can easily be reclaimed. Not sure if the file can be
created on demand and if so how not having enough space to hibernate is
handled however.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)