[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] syslinux 4.05-5 does not boot

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Thu Aug 9 00:18:55 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 08/09/2012 01:55 AM, Myra Nelson wrote:

>>> headers.

>>> Incidentally it also causes ext2 /boot to be unbootable.
>>
>> Incidentally it also causes ext2 /boot to be unbootable, without a
>> doubt it does.
>>
>> Dave's install scripts work great easiest install I've ever done,
>> however it won't boot off of ext2 with syslinux.
>>

> Why do you want ext2 on /boot? All bootloaders support ext3/4 this days.
>
>> Myra
>>

> --
> Ionuț

Ionut:

Some old habits are hard to break. Some of us "old foggys" are just to
set in some of our ways. What can I say.

I don't mean to be inflammatory here, but what's the difference? I've
always figured it was my computer, my system, set up my way, and it's
not hurting any one else. I guess I'll just keep my comments, good or
bad, to my self.

Sorry for the noise.

Myra